Pages

30 Nov 2011

Geneva Lane: Photos




So these photos have been a long time coming and even though I gave you some behind the scenes pics in a previous blogpost, thought i'd give you all a little video as well as!

They were shot back in April and I have only just caught word today that it's all good for me to release them. Just a little photo session I had with Geneva in the first half of this year, we played around with concepts a lot to begin with as it was important that we got the right image for her seen as this would be her first solo shoot but as this would just be promos and we were working without a stylist we kept it simple and treated it more as a good experience on Geneva's behalf to be infront of the lens on her own.

It hadn't been too long that she'd been out of the limelight after her appearance on the 2010 Xfactor as part of Belle Amie. Which meant 4 or 5 months after last appearing in my front room on the tv screen, she was back there in person. As the first recognisable face i've shot, it felt quite surreal.

I worked with make up artist Lucy on this shoot to create two different looks, one i'd wanted to do for a while with feathers in the hair and the second simply red lips & eyeliner. Realising I had some nerdy frames in my bag I handed her those too and think it really suited her character a lot more so the second look had a lot more personality to it.

Myself and Lucy both wore a feather in our hair too as we'd joked that we didn't want it to look like Gen had been the victim of a violent duck attack to passers by. Whilst at the second location we also sat and watched the ferry's coming into Dover port, observing one that appeared to be doing the slowest handbrake turn ever known to man (tryin' to impress the ladies! ;) )
Finally, aside from the photos, if there was one productive outcome from that day back in April it was that we forged an unbreakable bond from our shared admiration of one Spongebob Squarepants. To which I leave a tribute at the end of this post.















1 comment:

Ellen Einkauf Photography said...

That video is adorable! And I love this series of yours, especially the ones of her laying the vegetation.