Pages

31 Jul 2012

Hickstead Part I: The British Jumping Derby Meeting

If you were following the social networking feeds during the British Jumping Derby Meet you'll know that I was interning in The All England Jumping Course press office. Or if you follow any of my social newsfeeds then you'll also know because I didn't stop blabbing about it. Was far too cool and big a deal for me to ever shut up about! My main job was to be more behind the scenes and shoot specifically for the facebook page to give an idea of what life is like at Hickstead, though I did get a lot of opportunities to shoot some competition.


I just have to say a big big thank you to Victoria Spicer who is the Hickstead press officer who a) 'hired' me for the internship and b) was just an absolutely amazing boss...type...person and made working there an absolute blast along with the rest of the press team. Also I definitely need to mention photo steward Julian Portch who acted like my mentor in the international arena giving me tips on where to stand for the best coverage of jumps, how to shoot each fence and protocol on showing classes. Above all that though, both his enthusiasm and that of Samantha Lamb towards my experience and development of photography skills made me feel very relaxed and at home around press photographers who have been shooting at this level for years.

So here are some photos that have and haven't previously been posted, it's just a little snippet of the many that I did get from the Derby Meet:

















































Keep your eyes peeled for Hickstead Part II: The Longines Royal International Horse Show

No comments: